A Functional and Architectural Look At Back-To-Back User Agent (B2BUA) SIP Servers
SIP Back-to-Back User Agent (B2BUA) Servers are one of the most important and powerful types of SIP Servers used to develop and offer value added features. B2BUA servers are gaining more focus as they become ubiquitous throughout the industry, and are becoming the primary engine for more and more SIP Servers in NGN and IMS networks.
This white paper provides managers in the VoIP and real-time multimedia industry an overall understanding of B2BUA servers. Better understanding of B2BUA servers can help managers understand the value, and the tradeoffs, of choosing a B2BUA server as the framework for developing a wide range of SIP applications and SIP services.
Topics covered include:
- B2BUA Overview
- B2BUA: Definition and Market Needs
- B2BUA Servers vs. Proxy Servers
- B2BUA Server: Unique Capabilities
- B2BUA Servers in the Industry
- B2BUA Servers in IMS
- B2BUA Servers and High Availability
- B2BUA Server Framework Challenges and Requirements
- RADVISION SIP Server Platform & B2BUA Application Framework (B2BAF)
B2BUA SIP Servers White Paper (PDF, 30 Pages)