A Complete Video Communications Client framework for Mobile Devices
BEEHD for Personal Devices is a complete video communications client framework solution, allowing service providers, application developers and device manufacturers to launch FaceTime-like services for their Android OS and iOS based devices.
The Android operating system architecture is a challenge for developers wanting to add V²oIP calling capabilities. RADVISION’s BEEHD for Personal Devices solves this by providing a complete, pre-integrated solution that allows customers to focus on the GUI and high-level application, without any need for complicated integrations or VoIP know-how.
- Shortest TTM (time-to-market): Complete client framework reduces development, integration and testing time required to deploy video communications clients.
- Multi Platform: Mobile, tablet, PC and other Android or iOS based platform are supported.
- Interoperability: Based on 18 years of market leadership in the V²oIP market, all application aspects are standard based and rigorously tested for interoperability.
- Highest Quality of Experience: utilizes advanced algorithms (SVC, NetSense) assuring superb video quality even in harsh network conditions.
- Complete End-to-End Solution: part of RADVISION’s SCOPIA video communication infrastructure product line.
BEEHD for Personal Devices is used to add visual communication to any IP-enabled Android device, such as:
- Mobile Handsets
- Tablet PCs
- Mobile Internet Devices (MIDs)
- Personal Media Players (PMPs)
- Set-top Boxes
|BEEHD for Personal Devices is designed for:
- ODM/OEM and Device Manufacturers
- System Integrators
- Service Providers
- Application Developers
|Did you know|
|The RADVISION BEEHD for Personal Devices provides a complete solution for any device based on Google Android or Apple iOS|
RADVISION’s BEEHD for Personal devices provides a complete solution for different platforms using the Android and iOS operating system.
The BEEHD for Android solution is pre-integrated with Android’s open core framework and provides an optimized solution for Android based devices
The BEEHD for Personal Devices is designed for video telephony calls over Internet protocol (IP) networks, such as Internet and Intranet, and any physical interface such as UMTS, TD-SCDMA and Wi-Fi. The VoIP VT Android application is divided into several modules and add-ons.
BEEHD for Personal Devices modules:
Customer Customized MMI Layer – Provides a complete solution, allowing customers to focus on the graphical user interface and integration with the Telephony manager with no need to understand how VoIP video telephony works.
JNI Wrapper for BEEHD Application Logic – Provides the application layer with Java API’s for easy operating from the user interface.
BEEHD for Personal Devices Run-Time Library – provides integrated solution into Linux runtime libraries and includes signaling and media components
RADVISION Signaling protocols – The award-winning RADVISION SIP Toolkit and H.323 provides optimized signaling and add-ons for interoperability as well as easy call setup and best performance.
Codecs & Algorithms – The video and audio codecs provide the required media processing for both sending and receiving, and handle the required algorithms such as acoustic echo cancellation and VAD.
BEEHD for Personal Devices Technology Offering includes:
Complete Client Engine
- multi protocol support (SIP, H.323)
- media control and codecs
- superior video and audio quality
- out-of-the-box sample application
Integration with Hardware Platform
- Provides optimized solution for given platforms using hardware accelerators and seamless integration with peripherals, such as cameras, display, speakers, microphones.
IM/Presence Service module
- Standards-based instant messaging (IM) protocol (MSRP)
- interoperability with other IM protocols
- standards-based Presence protocol (SIMPLE, XDM)
- service modules handle all Presence and IM application APIs
High maintainability and professional customer support
BEEHD for Personal Devices package includes:
- Binary package of BEEHD for Personal Devices.
- Complete source code sample application.
- Full documentation, Programmer Guide and Reference Guide.
- Version upgrades.
- Professional customer support.
- Turnkey solutions.
- Porting services (upon request).
- Access to RADVISION's Developers Community.
The Radvision BEEHD is a complete VoLTE/RCS based video communications client, allowing service providers, application developers, and device manufacturers to launch customizable IMS compliant VoLTE/RCS services for Android, iOS, Windows, or MAC OS-based devices.
Adding IMS/VoLTE/RCS capabilities is a challenge to application developers, service providers, and device manufactures. The BEEHD solves this issue by providing a complete, multi-platform, pre-integrated, interoperable, solution that allows Service Provider and Device Manufacturers to focus on their unique service and application, with a cross platform, unified user experience, without the need for complicated integrations or VoIP know-how.
The BEEHD supports the GSMA VoLTE specifications - IR.92 and IR.94 for Voice and Video Communication, SMS, and supplementary services.
It also supports the GSMA Rich Communication suite (RCS) that allows fully interoperable, carrier grade, roamable advanced communication services:
- Enhanced Address book with Presence capabilities.
- Multimedia sharing during a call (including images and Video share)
- Messaging including conversational, 1-2-1 and group chat.
- GSMA IR.92 & IR.94 specification support
- IMS Registration, Authentication, and addressing
- VoLTE Voice and Video call establishment and termination
- IMS Preconditions
- SMS over IMS
- DTMF events
- AMR WB & NB codecs
- H.264 Video codecs
- Call Hold
- Call Waiting
- Instant Messaging
- Content Sharing
Technical SpecificationsSignaling Protocols
- Android 2.3, 3.x, 4.x
- iOS 5*, 6.*
- H.264/SVC (HW Codec integration)
- Frame rate: up to 30fps
- Resolution: CIF/VGA/SVGA/720p
- Reed Solomon FEC (forward error correction)*
- NetSense™ bandwidth estimation and adaptation technology*
- AMR WB, NB
- Audio Framework including AGC, AEC, NS
- Audio PLC
- In-band DTMF (RFC 2833)
- Security Agreement (RFC 3329)
Need More Information
Antigua and Barbuda
Bosnia and Herzegovina
British Indian Ocean Territory
Central African Republic
Cocos (Keeling) Islands
Congo, The Democratic Republic of the
Falkland Islands (Malvinas)
French Southern Territories
Heard Island and McDonald Islands
Holy See (Vatican City State)
Iran, Islamic Republic of
Korea, Democratic People's Republic of
Korea, Republic of
Lao People's Democratic Republic
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
Micronesia, Federated States of
Moldova, Republic of
Northern Mariana Islands
Papua New Guinea
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Pierre and Miquelon
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Sao Tome and Principe
Serbia and Montenegro
South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands
Svalbard and Jan Mayen
Syrian Arab Republic
Tanzania, United Republic of
Trinidad and Tobago
Turks and Caicos Islands
United Arab Emirates
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Virgin Islands, British
Virgin Islands, U.S.
Wallis and Futuna
"RADVISION was the right choice when we decided to bring a high-end and complete interactive video solution to our customers. RADVISION’s unique experience and vast knowledge in both video coding and VoIP technologies enables us to provide a high quality solution that is unparalleled in the market."
J.B. Fowler, Video Communications Business Manager, Texas Instruments.
“RADVISION was the only partner in the market who could offer Samsung the unique mix of expertise in "multimedia communications and market leading software and tools to allow us to integrate high definition video communication and collaboration into our products,” Partnering with RADVISION ensures that our products will have the highest level of interoperability with other products in the market and will provide our customers the highest level of quality possible.”
Seog Gi Kim, Vice President of the Samsung Visual Display Division.